When Is It Time to Call for Hospice Care?
Facing the reality that your loved one may soon be gone is tough. This is one of the main reasons why candidates for hospice care are not immediately given the most appropriate care they need at the moment.
However, years of experience as a provider of hospice care and non-medical home care in Poughkeepsie New York at FLEX HEALTH CARE has taught us that when the family members and loved ones are aware of the signs to look for and the advantages of this end-of-life care, they are most likely open to the idea, no matter how difficult the matter is.
Thus, as your partner in health care in Poughkeepsie New York, we are listing down the signs that point to the need for hospice care to already be on the table.
Among these include:
- When their doctor advises that they do–this is usually because your loved one has a life expectancy of 6 months.
- When their symptoms are getting harder to manage.
- When they are visiting the emergency care more often because of worsening symptoms.
- When there is a consensus among your loved one and your whole family about the need for more advanced care.
- When their condition has quickly deteriorated in a span of days or weeks.
We offer the very service in our home care. We’re on call 24/7, you only need to call us and you can count us to be there for your loved one and your family offering support for other daily activities, daily living assistance, and housekeeping services in New York.